06 December, 2008

My Last Words For Now

I can't immediately recollect the last time I wrote something in such a hurry. The current reaction time is nineteen milliseconds less than the last time I had been pinged by a girl on Gtalk. You must understand this desperation to say my last words and more importantly forgive me for its unintelligibility if I am still alive tomorrow.

You see I avoid reading newspapers and watching news as much as I can. Not just because they are depressing but because they make me supercilious about my nonexistent writing skills. But with the Indian media telling the Indian masses that India is considering last week's Mumbai attacks as Indian 9/11 two things are happening. Everybody is blabbering non-stop about war during eating and smoking breaks without eating nor smoking so much so that I'm putting on pounds and breathing tobacco-free air that smells dsgusting. And every Indian friend living outside India is irresponsibly sharing testaments about terror on Google Reader so much so that I'm afraid I'll be fired if not laid off because I read every item in my Reader even though I don't read every mail in my office inbox.

I have never paid much attention to politics and foreign policies and superpowers and followed my mother's advise to stay away from the Police. Suddenly I'm hearing that 1 country is threatening to nuke 2 country and that 2 country is all ready to pre-emptively nuke anyone. This is news because neither 1 nor 2 is USA and is bad because nuking apparently is not the anglicization of Telugu's nUkaDam but something to do with nuclear bombs and it makes me sad because I have watched some documentaries in the past that showed that nuclear bombs can clear new cities better than Clinic All Clear can clear dandruff.

But why are they doing this? Apparently Pakistan bred terrorists to send them to India and India trained terrorists to help LTTE and LTTE wants Sri Lanka to lift some ban. Don't ask me why because I too read it somewhere. These new recruitments and training sessions went on in some state of peace until recently. With the current economic slowdown, they worried about cutting costs and decided that unloading their ammunition and curbing new recruitments by cutting down global population would be the right idea.

Forget all this. I've never considered myself a patriot and felt certain that I would rather risk a flight to a foreign country than a fight for funny causes that didn't fit my fettle. Now suddenly I feel too paralysed to even take a piss. Either terrorists who are in their cost-cutting phase or the countries which are gearing up for war or the masses who are following the media which is reporting strenuously about the other two are going to get me. Or something like that.

So what I can think of as my last words for now are these:

ఒకప్పుడు గాంధీ, తరువాత గాన్దీయులు, తరువాత గాంధీగిరి మీద సినిమా. ఇప్పుడు గూండాలు, గాడిద కొడుకులు, గన్లు, గందరగోళం.

Once Gandhi, then Gandhians, then a movie on Gandhigiri. Now gondas, sons of donkeys, guns, chaos.

1 comment:

Musings of a wanderer said...

Well written,considering the reaction time.